Friday, May 27, 2011

life defined // 5.27.11




comfortable is...lounging on your bed making vocabulary flashcards (last unit!), reading America: From Gridlock to Deadlock (that's be current history), and listening to Phantom on the laptop (I listened to the *entire* musical all the way through...pretty awesome)

yummy is...the "smoochies" cookies that Inigo and Titty made this morning - and which we completely devoured after lunch :)

exciting is...swim team starting on Tuesday!

cute is...the pajamas that *finally* came in the mail today! Yeah! Yes, this was a splurge, but I haven't had new pajamas in about two years *cough* It was about time.

inspiring is...the film October Sky. We watched it last night (it's been at *least* three years since I saw it last) and it was even better this time, since the Rocket Boys are only 17....which is no longer an "unreachable" age :) 

resignation is...accepting the fact that yes, I will have to do both Biology and Geometry over the summer. All summer. Not just till June. I'm talking August. 

annoying is...the twenty-five Burgmuller etudes I have to learn for piano over the summer as well. It's not that I don't like them....it's just there are soooo many of them. I told my teacher that I wished I was going to Nicaragua so I didn't have to learn them :P Haha. Rather expensive way to avoid an assignment, though. Rats.

interesting is...what Dad, Leia, Titty and I are going to tonight. VBS orientation. Yup, we've been enlisted! Dad's leading a group of preschoolers (*giggle*), Leia and I are doing the crafts for the preschool department, and Titty is going to be a "model child" (*cough*) in one of the "families" in the older children's VBS. Yeah, it's going to be *really* interesting. Tonight is just a supper for all the volunteers where we will be instructed on what we need to do :) (VBS isn't until late June)

beautiful is...all that lovely music by Andrew Lloyd Webber. I could listen to it for days....(I almost said "hours" - until I realized that I already do :P)

Farewell, friends! Talk to you soon :)

8 comments:

  1. Great post, Jo, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! New pajamas. :P That gotta be fun...I really need new ones. At least in my mind I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv the post!
    That movie October sky so so cool!! I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ach, I understand the "summer school" part. I get to do writing and geometry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who's swimming?

    Too bad about summer school and Bergmuller. :P I'm assuming it's worth it, though, to graduate next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. {Polly} - All of us! *yeah!!!* I'm thrilled. And yes, any amount of school is bearable if it means I can graduate in 2012 :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!!!!! I'd NOT do school so I could NOT graduate! I don't want to graduate. :(( I know...I"m weird. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three cheers for new PJs! Nothing like them. :)

    Have fun at swim team! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    Lots of love,
    nan

    ReplyDelete