Wednesday, May 18, 2011

radiance - week one

Joining in Nana's blog party...



When did you give your life to Jesus? How did He reach out to you? What was your first response?
I've been incredibly blessed to have been raised in a Christian household with parents that have taught me about Christ from an early age. However, being a sinner, I don't think I fully understood my need for a Savior. I was a difficult young child - I have a sharp tongue and quick mind...coupled together? Not a pretty sight. I wasn't honest either, and I even though I *knew* my sin, I didn't know what to do about it....if I even wanted to do anything about it.

I think I was nine years old when I went to mother-daughter tea that our friend set up. There, I heard the testimonies of older girls (they were *fourteen* years old!!! :P), saw lovely Christian behavior in girls of all ages, read some thought provoking tracts and stories and listened to many talks on Biblical girl/womanhood. I was very convicted, scared really, that my sin was so bad that there was no way I could go to heaven. I knew there wasn't anything I could do about it by myself. God used this experience to draw me to Himself, I remember that at 9pm just a few days after the tea, I *really* gave myself to Christ.

It hasn't been an easy road since then, and I've been through "peaks" and "valleys" in my relationship with Christ, but that was the start.

.....

Wow.That was really good to write out. Good prep for the testimony I'm going to have to write.....

5 comments:

  1. Hey There Jo.. I've recently started a blog so I'd like to keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky to be raised in such a good Christian family! (I am, too, but many many people aren't as blessed.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sweet Jo.

    Thanks for sharing your testimony with us. I love to hear the stories of how the Lord drew a lost Lamb to Him and saved them.

    Hugs,

    Mrs. W

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting post...

    I'll go take a peek at the blog party! I'm not really sure WHAT a blog party is (LOL) but I'll check it out anyway. :)

    Hugs!
    Taylor Lynn <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, so true about us as humans being totally unable to do anything about our sin ourselves. What a great God we have to reach down Himself and save us.

    Doesn't it make it so much more real to just write it out? Thanks for sharing, Jo!

    Love ya!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete