Saturday, May 14, 2011

saturday morning daybook

Oh, this is one of those days when you growl at technology. Seems most of my friends' blog posts that were removed yesterday by Blogger are now back...except mine. Well, maybe later today it will return :) *crosses fingers*

Date... May 14, 2011
Starting time... 8:53am
Mood...a trifle sleepy still :)
Outside my window...a field that is in desperate need of leveling so we can play volleyball
I'm thinking...about how wonderful last night was!
I'm currently reading...Betsy's Wedding by Maud Hart Lovelace (told you I'd wait till exams were over! I suffered, but now I'm reaping the rewards :D)
I'm listening to...Leia playing Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata
I'm wearing...jeans, Bermuda t-shirt from Eden
I'm looking forward to...a whole bunch of things - our weekends are booked for the next few weeks! :D
I'm hoping...that this week will go *flying* by so we can get to next weekend ASAP :P
Yesterday, I...played in our piano recital!!! It was so awesome....one of most successful recitals *ever*! Everyone did sooooo well, and the reception was splendid. Got lots of time to catch up with Julia and a few of our others friends and laughed our heads off with MJ from the Pure Joy crowd :D Leia, Marie and I all made dresses to wear and finished them just in time! Pictures to come - we took a lot :D The only bummers were that this was one of my friend's last recital (*sniff* she's off to college this fall...) and two other friends had to leave early. It was great - lots of fun memories made!!! Three cheers for piano!!!!
I'm hungry for...nada. 
The song stuck inside my head is..."Prima Donna" from Phantom. Not sure why it's one of my favorites from the show - it's got a great lilt to it, even if it's kinda weird lyrics-wise :D

I love...my friends, my family, my extended family, my piano teacher, my Savior, my world, my life. 
I loathe...finding Monopoly houses and hotels and plastic soldiers all over the foosball table :P
This week, my goal is...to get the volleyball field leveled, to finish our neighbor's yard projects and plan out at least two summer dresses to make this month
Did I meet last week's goal?...well, I did score well in my exams - so, yes!
Ending time...10:10am (yeah...I kinda took a break halfway through :P)

We're going to be working outside on the field today - I'm planning on taking pictures of everything and do an "around the farm" sort of post just to show how much things have changed since I last did that :)

5 comments:

  1. You have a foosball table???

    Congrats on your Spanish Exam.

    I just finished Betsy was a Junior, thinking it was Heaven to Betsy and being disappointed because the whole thing was about Okto Delta. Why am I telling you this? I don't know.

    Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you play at the piano recital? Wow, Leia's playing Moonlight Sonata already? I'm working on a Chopin waltz...unabridged...really hard, but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go, girl! Good work on your Spanish exam! We have one more final then (hopefully) we can finally do something other than study. Mom said that once finals were finished she would pick a name for Winnie (we have been saying that the poor girl will be born nameless). :)

    Hehe...Prima Donna is *always* getting stuck in my head...probably because KK is always singing it. :P

    Love ya! (and can't wait to see the pics!)
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the good scores! :) And that recital sounds like fun... I can't wait to see photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. {Polly} - Yes! We got one off of Craig's List and we love it! And I agree about Betsy was a Junior. Blech on Okto Delta.

    {Trini} - I played the second movement of the "Pathetique" Sonata - remember, the "pathetic" one :P

    {Nana} - Well, you still have a good month or so until you *really* need to worry about names :D

    ReplyDelete