Tuesday, May 3, 2011

wrapping it up

song in my head: "my heart will go on" from titanic


Tomorrow is the end of my second semester (first full year) at our community college. The past four and half months or so have *flown* by - waaaay faster than that first semester. We had our oral exam yesterday, our written final is tomorrow. *yeah!* And then two and half months of glorious summer break! (no summer semester for me - no sireee!)

This fall I'm taking three (well, four) classes. I'm taking Pre-Calculus I, Chemistry 111, and Spanish 201. I also have a four hour CHM lab on Mondays that's separate from the class, so that's almost like having a fourth class. I'll be there three days a week instead of two - and for much longer each day. It sounds a little intimidating to me, but here's the one really big pro that I'm keeping in mind: if I do all those classes, I can graduate from high school in 2012!!!!!!! *jumps up and down* That's enough motivation to keep anyone going, right? I'm thrilled.

But there's also something sad about that. That means that this fall is my last first day of school. Grade school, I mean. And when I start "full-time" at the CC in the fall of 2012, I'll be there to earn my AA in Music - which means I have to take piano from one of their college piano teachers. Know what that means? It means that next week is my second-to-last piano recital. *tear drop* Just one more wonderful year with my wonderful piano teacher and my wonderful group class left.....Of course my teacher will continue to "coach" me through my college piano years, but it won't be the same.
i found this goofy piano the other day  and just *had* to share it :D

And.....the Lord may have other plans, but that's what my school plan looks like right now. Like I said, it's a little intimidating, but wonderfully exciting at the same time!

So that's what's on my mind today....just thought I'd share.

Love y'all,

3 comments:

  1. AAAAHHHHH!!!!! I'll probably see you there!!!!! This is going to be so fun. I can't wait...

    So is the CC going to be like your COLLEGE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dreading graduating...I won't be able to see any of my friends when I'm away! I still have (only) three to four years left...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Jo dear, you are so courageous about growing up and actually getting excited about changes. I so admire you for that. You're pretty amazing. Just thought I'd mention that.

    Love you, sweet girl.
    Nana

    p.s. So sorry I haven't been commenting around here...I've just been so darn busy every time I'm online trying to get 5,000 things done.

    ReplyDelete