Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"i feel like celebrating - cheers."

song in my head: "Don't Come to the Islands" - the Merrymen

The title of this post is my absolute favorite line of Baroness Schraeder's in The Sound of Music, and what brought it mind is this exciting news:

The beautiful Katrina of Edelweiss Patterns just completed her second pattern from SOM: the Baroness's ball gown! I LOVED the Liesl pattern that she released earlier this year (yes - I did finish it!) and I'm thrilled to give this one a try! It looks like it would be a gorgeous evening gown or prom dress (not that I'm going to a prom any time soon - ever, most likely *grin*) and I *love* the color!

The really exciting thing is that Katrina's giving away this pattern on her blog this week! It ends on Saturday, so hurry on over! 

5 comments:

  1. If you finished Liesl's dress, you should post pictures!!! Hint hint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Polly - I would love to see some pictures! =)

    Ooh, what a pretty gown! I love how she made a somewhat immodest dress in the movie more modest.

    Love,
    ~bree

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to smile when I saw your title, because that is my favorite line of hers, too! My whole family knows that movie by heart, and we can quote entire scenes at a time. One sister will say absently "I feel like celebrating-" and another will finish the line with "-cheers." :) The only thing that puts a damper on a very fun line is the fact that the Baroness is celebrating because she got Maria "out of the way," so to speak... :(

    That dress is stunning! *sigh of delight* I hope you win! Will you be posting pictures of your Liesl dress soon? I'd love to see what it looks like on you. Do you feel like a princess when you twirl around in it and watch the skirt fan out around you? I know I would. :)

    Love ya!
    Elizabeth Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, definitely, Polly!

    Oh, and love your new profile picture...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Jo!

    Thank you so much for posting about this! I would love to see pictures of your Liesl dress, too. : ) And your blog is just beautiful.

    Happy sewing!

    Katrina
    www.edelweisspatterns.com

    ReplyDelete