Sunday, June 26, 2011

{interview #1: blythe}

Our first interview of the summer! *cheers* 

Please welcome Miss Blythe of A Simple Farmgirl!

Who's Blythe?
............................................................................................................................................
Hey there! My name is Blythe I'm a 16 year old German/Irish homeschooling gal from the north who is ecstatic about God and His amazing love for me. I live with my parents and 5 of my 8 siblings. I live in the country and love it - I would never dream of living in the city. I play the violin and love any Irish jig. I think Irish dancing is amazing. I am falling in love with hairstyling and hope to go to cosmotology school in the future. Meanwhile, I try my best to get my hands on my sisters hair. *hehehe* (a lot of the time unsuccessful) I recently started my own etsy shop to sell hair accesories. I hope to grow up to be the Proverbs 31 women, marry a man strong in his faith and have at least 10 children. =) I have a heart for the India (I don't really know why), but the saris, bindis, and architecture have got me hypnotized. I pray that I can one day go on a missions trip there, maybe to an orphanage. Until then I'm just a stay at home daughter and blogger. ;)
............................................................................................................................................

The Interview:

What songs/types of music do you listen to when you’re happy? 
Irish jigs....Bluegrass gospel

What is the most comfortable outfit that’s currently part of your wardrobe and why? 
My long broom skirt or my A-line denim skirt. They are mid-shin/ankle length, very flowy and free!         

If someone handed you a bar of chocolate, what would you do with it? 
Depends..if its milk chocolate probably eat it or share it with my siblings during a movie. But if it's any other chocolate - give it away to a sibling or parent.

Do you prefer bright, earthy, pastel, neon or dark color combinations best? 
I love earthy colors - the more natural the better clothing-wise (though I'm told I look good in light pink and blue). But I love true natural colors (meaning a bright clear sky blue, colors you see naturally on plants and nature) when I'm in a real spunky, jump-up-and-down, live-life-to-it's-fullest mood, or when it comes to decorations, photography, etc.

Do you like different colors at different times of the year? How often have you changed your "favorite" color?
 No, usually the same color all year round. I change my favorite color every 2-3 years maybe...I'm currently on blue (which has always been a reall big fav. for me) and also an olive green.

Do you normally run, walk, or skip every other step when you’re going upstairs? or none of those options? How *do* you go upstairs? 
LOL! Skip then jump....but I change depends on my mood. If I have something that needs to get done -run, if I'm bored and sad - walk, normal - skip... :)

Which would you rather have on a hot day: a popsicle, an ice cream cone, or frozen fruit?
Frozen fruit or Icecream in a cup (I'm allergic to cones)
What is your preferred style of footwear in the summer? 
Flip-flops, sandals, crocs, barefeet...(barefeet always are in style and are awesome.)

Which do you love most: the mountains, the prairie, the ocean/beach, the forest, rolling hills/farmland, or something other than the above? Why?
Yikes, hard choice..... Rolling hills/farmland or ocean beach.......although I've never seen the mountains which would be cool. Probably the first... Mainly cause it's so beautiful and simple. But I guess anyone could say that about all of the above. Oh,wait the irish sea coast could be a winner too...... I just can't decide...*sighs*......

What makes you laugh?   
Feeling the wind on my face as I walk on a beach on a summer evening, Riley Poole from National Treasure 1 and 2, running through my backyard, swinging on a swing while I think of Gods amazing love, crazy siblings, my dad's sense of humor and so much more...

............................................................................................................................................

Thank you *so* much Blythe! I really enjoyed interviewing you and learning a little more about your personality! It was a real pleasure.

Blessings all.....

5 comments:

  1. Well, you know where I stand on the frozen fruit/Popsicle/ice cream thing. :)

    So with you, Blythe! Riley cracks me up so bad...he really redeemed the last movie...which was basically the first movie retold...and the third one coming out Christmas Day will probably be the first and second retold yet again. Sad, really because the first was really good! I guess the writers just aren't that creative. Not everyone can be Pixar, you know :)

    Jo, fun new series! I've been thinking about starting to feature bloggers every month or something like that but haven't quite figured out how I would do it...hmm...time for some Nana deep thinking. :D

    Love ya, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...yes, Blythe, Riley Poole makes me laugh too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for doing this Jo! It was a joy to get to meet Blythe.

    Do you by any chance have any slots left for interviews? I would love to be interviewed. :)

    love,
    ~bree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nana! You just voiced my feelings on the NTs. However, I'm looking forward to seeing how in the world they do a 3rd. :P (you know, with the name being "National Treasure", somehow there has to be a treasure hunt in every one without it seeming repetitive, which it was for the 2nd)

    Blythe...barefeet, swinging, and earthy colors FOR THE WIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for interviewing me Jo,I enjoyed it as well!!!

    Thanks Nana I've been wondering when the next one comes out!!! I hate the re-treasure thing though,I wish they had different adventures. Maybe out of the US more. But that would ruin the founding father,free mason stuff.

    ReplyDelete