Saturday, June 25, 2011

saturday morning daybook // 6.25.11

Date... June 25, 2011 (my sixteen-and-eight-months birthday!!!)
Starting time... 9:22am
Mood...normal Saturday morning mood - relaxed :D
Outside my window...a lovely summer day!
I'm thinking...about a lot of things - I don't feel like being specific :)
I'm currently reading...David Copperfield by Charles Dickens. I. Love. This. Book!
I'm listening to...Dad handing out tasks to the folks in the kitchen
I'm wearing...dark pink Faded Glory skirt, short-sleeve Arizona shirt (my typical going-to-the-pool outfit)
I'm looking forward to...hopefully going shopping in the mall with Mama later today, VBS next week, and swim practice on Monday of course
I'm hoping...that I can coach a lot more next week :)
Yesterday, I...did butterfly and backstroke stroke clinic at practice, then played water polo for the last thirty minutes of practice, then dressed up as a pirate with the other coaches for Friday Fun Day at the pool! Our favorite day of the week :)
I'm hungry for...nothing - I already ate some granola
The song stuck inside my head is...The Cha-Cha Slide :) Seriously. More on that in a minute.
I love...swim team!!! 
I loathe...stepping in slimy stuff on the pool deck *gag*
This week, my goal is...to improve my freestyle time by two seconds
Did I meet last week's goal?...I don't think I did this last week....
Swim Team Story or Quote of the Week...This is a new addition for the summer :) Too many funny things happen at the pool not to share them. This quote is from last week, and it's between me and one of our 13-14 guys:
jo: "hey ben, did you coach the other day?"
ben: "yeah, I did. I'm coaching again today."
jo: "That's what I thought. You were working with my brother's class."
ben: "Who is your brother?"
jo: "GoGo....he's four."
ben: "Hmmmm.....wait, the kid in the life jacket? I know him!"
*grin* GoGo is known by every coach and most of the 13-14 and 15-18 swimmers at the pool :) I wonder why....

Ending time...9:38am

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE David Copperfield! That has to be my favorite Dickens. It is so full of rich characters. I especially enjoy Betsey Trotwood and the donkeys. :)

    ReplyDelete