Wednesday, June 15, 2011

two weeks

song in my head: "i see the light" from tangled

So, it's been two weeks since swim team began. Fifteen days, to be precise. Morning practices started this past Monday, we had a practice meet ("intra-squad meet") on Monday night, and we have our first real meet tonight. It's actually not a counted meet, since the team we're swimming is in the first division of our swim league and we're in the second division. I'm sort of glad it's not counted, since the team is number two in the whole league....and we're number ten. *grin* Go figure.

Ariel view of the pool
our wonderful 50 meter/25 yd. pool!

I'm really, really sore. My abs are so sore that I can't even cough without cringing. Ouch. But it will go away - eventually. Our practice starts at 8:30 in the morning and goes until 10. We do land exercises (stretching, abs, etc.) until about 8:50 or 9 so we don't have to jump in right away. It feels great - but it hurts. *stretches* And.... *ouch* Never mind.

Random fact: Leia and I swam 70 laps at practice yesterday. That's roughly 1750 yards. Just to give you an idea.

Okay. In other news....

I've been working on the list of interview questions in all my *cough* spare time. I've already had two gals request to be featured, so as soon as I have the questions ready I'll send them to the two of you. I'm still open for a few more, if anyone else would like to be interviewed. Shoot me an email at missjosephinemarch [at] gmail [dot] com and let me know!

I've already planned what I'm doing for my birthday! I'm incredibly excited, but for lack of time (we have to leave for the meet in just a little while) I will refrain to telling you. You're welcome to guess, of course. Hint: larkin and anna have done it already this year.

Love y'all - and I will *hopefully* be blogging more often now that our schedule is evening itself out.

{{{{{hugs}}}}} (*ouch*)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I know how you feel. I've been dancing 3 1/2 hours straight each day this week (dance camp), and it's been hard. I wake up each morning a little stiff and sore. *sigh* Ah, such is life. I suppose it will go away... eventually. :)

    Hmm, Larkin and Anna have done it already this year? I may be completely off, but would you happen to be seeing Les Miserables? That's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

    Love and Blessings,
    Elizabeth Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo...I'm hurting for you girl. The first time is always the worst though. I bet by the end of the summer it won't hurt at all! Of course then it won't matter... Vicious cycle. :D

    Whaaa...you're planning your birthday already??? I'm with Lizzy. They did both see Les Miserables this year and I know you love Les Miz so there's my guess.

    Love ya,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Thats a big pool! We only have a little pool...:(
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jo,
    If you still have the need I wouldnt mind being interveiwed. Sorry, I would have sent you an email but as of now I am not able to acesses my acount.
    Blessins
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete