Sunday, July 3, 2011

{interview #2: vivi}

Second interview!!! I hope y'all are enjoying these - I certainly am.


Today we're welcoming Vivi from With a Smile to Scraps! Vivi is real-life friend of mine who I've known since we were *very* small. I'm thrilled to have her join us today.


Who's Vivi?
............................................................................................................................................
Vivi Celia Coulter is thirteen years old (almost fourteen - just a few weeks left!) and is the second oldest of five children. She has three sisters and one adorable little brother :) Vivi is homeschooled, Catholic, and is praying about what she should be when she grows up. She also likes Veggie Tales ("who doesn't?" was her comment when I asked her) and doesn't have a favorite color. 
............................................................................................................................................

The Interview:



What songs/types of music do you listen to when you’re happy? sad? frustrated? excited? at rest? feeling lovely? on any other occasion? etc. 
Hmm…well, when I’m happy I love to listen to Owl City music. It makes me even happier. When I’m sad or frustrated, I usually listen to music that’s quieter…but it’s usually still Christian rock/pop. When I’m resting I’ll do the same…If I feel lovely? Umm…then I might have to go around the house singing I Feel Pretty from West Side Story. :P

If you have a free evening to do whatever you want, what do you normally choose to do?
Well, if I could do anything I wanted on a free evening, then it wouldn’t be something I normally did. But…I’ll answer both sides to the question.

NORMALLY: watch a movie or play a game with my family

NOT normally (meaning literally whatever I wanted): I would either throw a party or have some friends over, watch a movie, and eat cream puffs and strawberries. :P

What is the most comfortable outfit that’s currently part of your wardrobe and why?
Probably sweatpants and a sweatshirt…you can’t really get much comfier then that.

If someone handed you a bar of chocolate, what would you do with it?
EAT IT! Period. Exclamation mark!

What literary or movie heroine(s) do you admire? Would you want to meet any of them in real life? Why or why not? What character traits do they possess that you like/dislike?
I’ve loved Anne from Anne of Green Gables forever. I also like Bree from the Viking Quest series; I like Rose from the Fairy Tale novels. I would LOVE to meet all of them! I just realized that all of these characters have these things—red hair, a sense of adventure, and a wonderful courage. I guess that’s why I like them.

What color combinations do you like? Do you prefer bright, earthy, pastel, neon or dark color combinations best? Do you like different colors at different times of the year? How often have you changed your “favorite” color?
I love brown and blue, brown and pink, black and pink, purple and black…I like bright and dark best. I think I’m supposed to like lighter colors in the summer and darker in winter, but I don’t. :P My favorite color has changed…enough. It was blue for a long time, but now I like green, purple, brown, black, blue…

Do you normally run, walk, or skip every other step when you’re going upstairs? or none of those options? How *do* you go upstairs?
Sometimes. It depends on if I’m in a hurry. I’ll run if I am; If I’m not I’ll probably walk.

Do you ever change the words of a song to fit a particular situation, either to be serious or silly?
Which would you rather have on a hot day: a popsicle, an ice cream cone, or frozen fruit?
Ice cream! I’m sorry, but I can’t think of a single person that would chose frozen fruit…

What is your preferred style of footwear in the summer? Place in order from favorite to least favorite: flip-flops, bare feet, sandals, mesh pool shoes, tennis shoes
Bare feet, flip-flops, sandals, tennis shoes, mesh pool shoes

Which do you love most: the mountains, the prairie, the ocean/beach, the forest, rolling hills/farmland, or something other than the above? Why?
Something other than the above; I like having mountains AND forests AND grass…like we have here. Why? I love my home. :)

What makes you laugh? Do you laugh easily? Are you ticklish?
Uhh…*ahem*…well…I’ll laugh at anything truly funny, or at anything that’s so not funny, it becomes funny. I’ll laugh at funny situations, jokes…you know, the usual. Yes, I laugh pretty easily. And I’m CRAZILY ticklish. Really, it’s bad. You don’t even have to touch me. Just act like you’re going to tickle me, and I’ll be laughing like crazy. So when Gab gets the idea in her head that she wants to make me laugh, it’s way too easy for her. :P


............................................................................................................................................


Thanks so much, Vivi! You're terrific fun to talk to - as always :D

5 comments:

  1. Vivi! Frozen fruit is amazing! One day the world will wake up to that fact. Okay, Jo. I'll stop raving on your blog about frozen fruit. :)

    Haha, isn't changing the lyrics to a song the best? We do it all the time to any song (our answering machine message is proof of that). We are completely ruthless to the poor lyricist! Not that I get that from my pa or anything...the one who's can't sing a song without changing the words... Nope, no chance of that. :)

    Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i enjoyed getting to know you Vivi!!!

    Can't wait to see more interveiws ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to echo Brianna--frozen fruit is delicious. I, for one, would have gone with it over ice cream... maybe. :) It depends on my mood, and on what I feel like eating at the time.

    Love you!
    Elizabeth Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe me: She is WAY TOO TICKLISH for her own good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I will be emailing you my favorite quotes and Scripture verses soon. I'm very sorry that it is taking me so long to do this, and I wanted to assure you that I am not trying to ignore you. :)

    ReplyDelete