Sunday, July 24, 2011

{interview #4: katy-anne}

This lovely young lady is especially dear to me. We've known each other since third grade, and have been like two peas in a pod, kindred spirits, or twin sisters (whichever works best) ever since :) Since they moved, I've missed her like the dickens and nearly went crazy when I got the chance to visit her in March of 2008. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Miss Katy-Anne!


Who's Katy-Anne?
............................................................................................................................................
Katy-Anne is a sixteen (and a half) year old, homeschooled army brat living in Germany. She loves Jesus, plays piano, is on the varsity soccer team on base, sings *all* the time, gets the hiccoughs at *least* twice a week (I know - right?), is an aspiring seamstress and wants to be a homeschool mom someday. She also has memorized practically every quote and episode of Adventures in Odyssey - quite a feat :)
............................................................................................................................................
The Interview:

What songs/types of music do you listen to when you're happy? sad? frustrated? excited? at rest? feeling lovely? on any other occasion? etc.
When I'm happy, contemporary Christian, country, and musical soundtracks (at the moment the prevailing one is Tangled).  When I'm sad or frustrated, usually Marty Goetz or a playlist including "The Call" and "This is Home".  Feeling lovely?  Miscellaneous songs that I like that don't fall into any particular category, plus all the ones from feeling happy.

If you have a free evening to do whatever you want, what do you normally choose to do?
Hmm... depends on my mood.  First things that come to mind are read, sew, and watch a movie.

If someone handed you a bar of chocolate, what would you do with it?  
Do I even have to answer?  Eat it!!!  And maybe share a bite with whoever gave it to me.

What literary or movie heroine(s) do you admire? Would you want to meet any of them in real life? Why or why not? What character traits do they possess that you like/dislike?  
I could go on and on about literary and movie heroines, so I'll just name two here that I admire.  One is Marmee from Little Women.  She would be wonderful to meet in real life, because she is such a wonderful mother with so much wisdom.  The other one is Anne Shirley/Blythe/of Green Gables.  What's not to love?  She is spunky, loyal, imaginative, and not afraid to live her dreams, which include writing, going to college, teaching, and, most importantly, being a wife and mother.  The only time I ever dislike her is when she considers marrying Roy Gardner/Morgan Harris (depending on whether we are talking about the books or movie) instead of Gilbert.  Oh, and in the movie she should not have contradicted the Katherine Brooke in front of her students.  But no one is perfect *sigh*.  It would be fabulous to meet her in real life.

What color combinations do you like? Do you prefer bright, earthy, pastel, neon or dark color combinations best? Do you like different colors at different times of the year? How often have you changed your "favorite"color?  
Depending on my mood, I like bright or pastel color combinations best.  Blue and white, pink and peach, and pale blue and pale green come to mind.  I have had three favorite colors (actually it's more like favorite color families; because I never can pick a particular shade): red, yellow, and blue.   Right now it's blue.

Do you normally run, walk, or skip every other step when you're going upstairs? or none of those options? How *do* you go upstairs?  
Definitely skip every other step.

Do you ever change the words of a song to fit a particular situation, either to be serious or silly? 
Of course!  I can't think of any examples right now, though.

Which would you rather have on a hot day: a popsicle, an ice cream cone, or frozen fruit?
If the cone is mandatory, then a popsicle.  If I can have ice cream without a cone, ice cream.

What is your preferred style of footwear in the summer? Place in order from favorite to least favorite: flip-flops, bare feet, sandals, mesh pool shoes, tennis shoes
-bare feet
- I don't have flip-flops or mesh pool shoes, but crocks take the place of both and I love 'em
-sandals
-tennis shoes

Which do you love most: the mountains, the prairie, the ocean/beach, the forest, rolling hills/farmland, or something other than the above? Why?  
I think that would be a toss-up between the mountains (read: Alps) and rolling hills/farmland.  I love the Alps because they give me a sense of how small I am and how big God is, and because of their breathtaking beauty.  I love rolling hills/farmland because they make me feel at home.

What makes you laugh? Do you laugh easily? Are you ticklish? 
I laugh very easily, and as a result, many things make me laugh.  A few are: my brother, my dad, hilarious episodes in books and movies, and watching my dog eat raspberries from our raspberry bush as if he's doing nothing wrong.  I am extremely ticklish. 

Favorite quotes/Bible verses (five out of dozens):

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
  
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6-7

"She acts like summer and walks like rain: reminds me that there's a time to change.  Since the return of a stay on the moon she listens like spring and talks like June."   Drops of Jupiter (I love all the lyrics to that song: they are so full of imagery.)

 "To be happy, don't do whatever you like; like whatever you do." Mary Engelbreit

"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy.  The amount of work is the same."  Carlos Castaneda


............................................................................................................................................


Thank you so much, Katy! I loved reading your answers....off to write you now :)

4 comments:

  1. LOL, i was listening to a adventure and odyssey when I read this.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely interview! I quite enjoyed perusing through the paragraphs. Katy-Anne, you had wonderful answers. :) I too would love to meet Anne Shirley Blythe; think what wonderful conversations one could have with her! 'Tis a shame she is only an imaginary character.

    Love and Blessings,
    Elizabeth Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy-Anne aka. Polly, right? Anyway, great to meet you, Katy-Anne! I've heard so much (all good) about you from Jo. :)

    Hugs,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief! I never stopped to think how long I've known you. Since 3rd grade is half my life!

    I like your new "comments rock". :)

    Love,
    Katy-Anne

    ReplyDelete