Friday, July 8, 2011

oh, senior girls.

At our swim meet this past Wednesday:

haley: didn't you already drink a gatorade?
caroline: yes, I already drank one.
jensen: is that right? "drank" one? isn't it "drunken"?
me: ummm...maybe it's "dranken."
caroline: I thought it was drank.
haley: umm.....
jensen: I think it's dranken.
me: drunken sounds better.
haley: but that means something completely different.
me: good point. 

*grin* We decided to drop the conversation, as the guys were giving us strange looks. *sigh* Such are the intelligent conversations that take place between the four of us senior girls :)

5 comments:

  1. Charlie and I have this discussion regularly and never come to a solid conclusion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a completly normal conversation to me.
    ~
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. {Polly} - Good to know we're not alone! :)

    {Autumn} - Of course! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe...It's good being a Junior. :D

    We have those discussions *all* the time. Usually, it's between KK, Pa, and I though. Just the other day KK and I had it out over Who and Whom. Never can remember those two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I already drunken one." Huh. Or maybe it's. "I've already drunken one." "I've already drinked one." Nah...I think I'll stick with "I already drank one."

    Nana! You are homeschooled!! Who - nominative, Whom - objective. :P

    The discussions started by the complications of our language...

    ReplyDelete