Saturday, July 16, 2011

saturday morning daybook // 7.16.11

If you want to join me, CLICK HERE and follow the instructions!

Date... July 16, 2011
Starting time... 8:26am
Mood...not sure - not feeling great, not exactly in a good mood, but not bad either :)
Outside my window...Leia's mowing the grass behind the house
I'm thinking...about a lot of things, mostly pool and friends related
I'm currently reading...Emma by Jane Austen 
I'm listening to...the lawn mower
I'm wearing...denim skirt, black cami, brown plaid raglan sleeve shirt
I'm looking forward to...to the rest of my life *grin*
I'm hoping...that everything for my school plans this fall will work out, and that it'd be clear what I'm supposed to do.
Yesterday, I...swam 50 laps in our team's swim-a-thon! Because each 50 meter laps equals 50 "miles" in the swim-a-thon, I swam all the way to Nicaragua! Leia swam 100 laps to Austria, Titty swam 138 and ended up somewhere in Russia.....great fun :D There were no normal practices, we just swam with kickboards and fins, ate doughnuts and bagels when we took breaks, and had a grand old time. There were lots and lots of swimmers in the pool, lots of shouting over the lanes, splashing and goofing off. Out of the water, we had the radio going full blast, our speaker set up (the one we use for meets) and David sang and did cheers to keep everyone pumped. We have such an awesomely goofy team - we rock! :)
I'm hungry for...nufin. Not hungry atall.
The song stuck inside my head is..."A Whole New World" from Aladdin :) 
I love...swim team!
I loathe...that we only have two weeks left until the swim team season is over :/ *waaah!*
This week, my goal is...to talk to a certain person about something - pray for me, please.
Did I meet last week's goal?...Nooooo....because I didn't swim anything that Gab wasn't swimming.....I don't think.....anyway :)
Swim Team Story or Quote of the Week...swim meet last Wednesday:
lucy: "inigo, who's your favorite sister?"
jo: "Lucy! You're not supposed to ask that."
inigo: "Let's see....Leia...."
leia: "Knew it!"
inigo: "Titty...Jo....Marie...Zuzu.....Jessie..."
jo: "Jessie?"
inigo: "....Connor...."
lucy: "Connor's not a girl!"
inigo: "Brenna.....Jensen.....and Melissa."
lucy: "Hey, Brenna! You're Go's seventh favorite sister!"
brenna: "Awww....thanks Gogo!"
melissa: "how about Coach David?"
inigo: "haha! Not even close!" (roars of laughter from all listening :) ) 
Oh, how the coaches love Inigo :D He's a goofball - we love him too :)

Ending time...8:41am

6 comments:

  1. NO WAY YOU SWIM TOO!?! That's so cool :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jo, I'm reading Emma too! Just started it actually. (I was reading Silas Marner but it got way to dry so I had to take a Jane Austen break...I was a good girl, though, and finished SM:])

    Love ya!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you liking Emma? I remember starting it two years ago, but I don't think I ever finished it. I heard from a friend that the actual book wasn't as good as the movie--surprising, I know. Since I hold fast to the opinion that books are better than their movie adaptions 99.9% of the time, I'm going to wait until I've read the book before I make such a statement.

    Oh my, I love your swim meet stories. The weekly Inigo quotes make me smile. :)

    Praying for you. ♥

    Love and Blessings,
    Elizabeth Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Inigo, too. Even when he was little, he was hilarious!

    I'll be praying for ya.

    Love,
    Katy-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. {Elizabeth} - I LOVE Emma! I think it's the "lightest" of Jane Austen's books. This is probably my third or fourth re-read....gets better every time! You should read it - right now :) And the new movie (the 2009) *is* better than the book - and that's coming from a book fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well, as soon as I finish Watership Down, I'll get started on it right away! I love the story and I happen to love Emma as a character... she makes me smile (that wouldn't happen to be because she reminds me of myself, would it? :)). I believe I've seen the 2009 movie only once with my sisters, and we all loved it. Emma is such a delightful character; she has her faults, and she is certainly not perfect, and yet she still acts like a lady, unlike Lydia Bennet. I'm familiar with the story--I'm not sure why I never sat down to read the original text in full. Well, I'm looking forward to it!

    Sorry for the rambling comment... :)

    Love and Blessings,
    Elizabeth Rose

    ReplyDelete