Saturday, July 9, 2011

saturday morning daybook // 7.9.11

Date... July 9, 2011
Starting time... 7:55am
Mood...rested, ready for a lovely day
Outside my window...Southern weather: humidity
I'm thinking...about my friend Taylor's engagement :)
I'm currently reading...Before You Meet Prince Charming by Sarah Mally
I'm listening to...Zuzu talking to Dad in the schoolroom
I'm wearing...my pajamas - hey, it's Saturday!
I'm looking forward to...playing at the pool this afternoon
I'm hoping...that we'll win our swim meet this coming Wednesday (hear that, you two?)
Yesterday, I...bowled a 75 and then a 94 (100, here I come!), then dressed up like a cow with the rest of my siblings and Dad, headed for Chick-Fil-A and got a free meal and a milkshake! A group of our swim team/church friends were there too, and we had a grand old time.
I'm hungry for...a chocolate chip pancake from The Tavern.....yeah, I'm serious.
The song stuck inside my head is..."Hey Soul Sister" still! And you know why??? THEY PLAYED IT AT THE BOWLING ALLEY!!!!! Good grief. But they also played "Just The Way You Are" by Bruno Mars, and I forgave them *completely* That song melts my heart :D
I love...mowing the grass. Why? 'Cause I can think, talk to myself, even sing to myself and *no one* can hear me :)
I loathe...the green feet that come with mowing the grass :P
This week, my goal is...to come in first place in whatever event Gab is *not* swimming on Wednesday :D
Did I meet last week's goal?...I actually didn't drive *at all* this week. Boo-hoo. At this rate, I'll be getting my license this time next year :P
Swim Team Story or Quote of the Week...monday morning at the senior practice:
brenna: "alright, Inigo, give them a set."
jo: "Yeah, Go, what should we do?"
ben: "nooo! what if he gives us a 99 butterfly or something like that?"
michael: "yeah, or a 200 fly."
inigo: "Umm....45 freestyles on the forty-hundred seven."
mallard: "hey, I like this set."
inigo: "and a forty hundred butterfly."
michael: "whoa!!! not even high schools do that."
jo: "not even the olympic swimmers do that."
brenna: "should they do it, Go?"
inigo: "Umm, sure!"
We didn't have to do it. Inigo's a favorite at our practice. After Mama drops us off at 8:30, she and younger ones usually run errands or something, then get back to the pool around 9:30 or so. Inigo often comes over to our coaches and helps coach us after that until 10, when practice is over :D He gives us some pretty interesting sets to do (but Brenna will never let us do them *grin*).

Ending time...8:14am

5 comments:

  1. Hey Soul Sister!
    (sorry...couldn't resist the temptation. :])

    Mowing grass for the kill!!! So with you about talking thinking and singing in privacy. That's the beauty of the weedwhacker...you can't even hear yourself! ;) Plus there is a certain feeling of satisfaction looking at a nicely mowed lawn.

    Love ya,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. You guys dressed up for Chick-fil-a day? Awesome! Every year we want to do that and forget. Phooey. You do have pictures you'll post, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I've heard of that! Neat. I bet y'all had fun dressing up. :) I second Nana's comment--we *need* to see photos (if you have them, that is. :))

    Love you!
    Elizabeth Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, but I believe your hope is in vain...never mind, I'm not sorry...:P But we're missing a ton of swimmers. So you can hope you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya....we'll see, Jo. We'll see. My fellow senior girls aren't bad, though. WATCH OUT.

    (hey, are you doing backstroke on the relay?)

    ReplyDelete