Tuesday, August 23, 2011

an epoch in my life

Pronounce that "e-pock" and we'll be great :)

So, yesterday was my Last First Day of Highschool. Less confusing: First Day of Senior Year.
I've been waiting for this day for a while, and it came and went with very little fanfare, but still, it was definitely a milestone.


Today was the first day of the CC. And that went off with a bang. Literally. About forty-five minutes into class, we had an earthquake. We *never* get earthquakes. Turns out, it measured a 5.8 on the Richter scale, and the epicenter was in the next county over. Yikes. No one got hurt, and no one in our class went hysterical (although in other classes...well, it was scary) and our room didn't even get it as bad as the science building did. But it was still scary. Everything and everyone was vibrating. Afterwards, my teacher (with his fantabulous British accent) said, "Oh, that's just a surprise I set up for the first day of class...but I don't think I'll do that again next week, huh?"

Oh, I'm back from vacation, and once school settles down a bit, I *promise* I will get back to posting more regularly :)

xoxoxo

Jo.

7 comments:

  1. Oh,lucky you!

    Oh,you felt that everyone was asking if we did,but strangly we didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad heard about the earthquake 3 min. after it happened. Then we spent about 2 hours discussing it, on and off. We also couldn't contact some relatives that live near Lexington, VA.

    I've been in one earthquake, and my dad thought it was our clothes washer blowing up. LOL. :)

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. An earthquake! Wow, what a way to start the school year. Your teacher sounds great.

    Enjoy your final year of high school!

    Lots of love,
    Katy-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I heard about that earthquake. I was worried that it might have been near you. I'm glad to hear y'all are all right. :)

    Love you!
    Elizabeth Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. May God bless your last year of high school, Jo!

    Ooh, an earthquake??? Lucky...I've never been in one.

    ~In Christ,
    larkin

    ReplyDelete
  6. So...does 'CC' mean community college or Classical Conversations?

    Congrats on being a senior!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you guys are okay...I was getting ready to email you yesterday and see if you were alright and then saw this post. :)

    Sounds like you have a great teacher...how are the other professors?

    Do you have any plans for graduation yet? So stinkin' excited for you! :D

    Love you lots,
    Nän

    ReplyDelete