Friday, August 26, 2011

"i wish i had a million dollars..."

"hot dog!"

This is a little drug store in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.

My mama grew up biking through the neighborhood to this place and eating at this counter.

The pharmacy check-out. When I sent a picture of the store to Nana, she said, "Is it just me, or does this scream 'It's a Wonderful Life'?"
 
They even sell Coke in glass bottles.

See those little metal things beside the frame? They're bottle openers. *awesome*

Continuing the tradition...the March family eats lunch at the Pitt Street Pharmacy.

I saved my glass coke bottle - it now graces my desk, waiting for me to think of something to put in it. :)

I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures - they were taken with the iPhone, due to lack of a better camera at the time

6 comments:

  1. Yes, that does remind me of Its A Wonderful Life!
    How about a flower in your coke bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, how adorable! Brianna was right; it *does* scream "It's A Wonderful Life."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those coke machines and bottle openers from when I was growing up. We used to have a pharmacy like that in our town, where you could go for a sundae or malted. Even when I was growing up, it was retro. I am sorry to say that it has been long since demolished now.

    Hugs,

    Mrs. W

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so going there some day. :) Jo, these pics match your blog perfectly! Ha!

    Oh, I know! Fill the bottle with your favorite quotes/saying on little slips of paper. Then when you need a little pick up or just a laugh dump one out for a guaranteed smile. :) Tell ya what...if you like that idea I could even send you a few to add to it!

    Love ya lots,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great shop! I think I'll have to go there someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should put fake or real roses in the bottle...:)

    ReplyDelete