Sunday, August 28, 2011

{interview #5: stephanie}

    Today's lovely interviewee is Stephanie from The King's Bookworm. I've know her quite a while, and have enjoyed her blog greatly for a long time.


    Who's Stephanie?
    ..........................................................................................................................................
    I'm 20 years old, and the oldest of 10 kids. I live in the Pacific Northwest. I am an independently home schooled graduate as of November 2009 - and proud of it! :) There's no better way to get your education! I am a passionate personality - or so I've been told - and I'm pretty sure it's true. :) I am a conservative Christian. I wear only skirts - not because I won't ever wear pants again, but because that's what I have in my wardrobe and plus that they're so much more comfortable and practical (unless you're riding a horse or something). I love making jewelery and have an Etsy store called Fanciful Inspirations (http://www.etsy.com/shop/FancifulInspirationsI love crafts/art like doing blog makeovers, card making, painting, drawing. I LOVE photography and photo editing. I love the look of shabby chic, vintage, celtic - stuff that looks rustic and organic. My favorite colors are blue, red, green, yellow, and purple. I'm a misplaced country bumpkin in the suburbs. I love character driven stories. I LOVE music! My next big wish is to get an iPod. I am an Apple/Mac fan all the way. Microsoft... blah. 
    ...........................................................................................................................................


    The Interview:

    What songs/types of music do you listen to when you’re happy? sad? frustrated? excited? at rest? feeling lovely? on any other occasion? etc. 
    I just listen and am carried away with the music. It doesn't really matter what I'm feeling... plus, I normally listen to music when I'm on the computer. Some of my favorite singers/composers are Celtic Woman, Irish Rovers, The High Kings, John Williams, and John Denver.

    If you have a free evening to do whatever you want, what do you normally choose to do? 
    Do the computer, read a book, watch a movie, converse with my parents and/or siblings, or play a game.

    What is the most comfortable outfit that’s currently part of your wardrobe and why?
    Oh my... I think I have 2 or 3 favorites. Probably my brown skirt and red shirt are my favorite right now because the way the skirt is cut is wide with out being bulky, looks good on me, is swirly, flattering, made of knit material, and kind of reminds me of vintage. :)

    If someone handed you a bar of chocolate, what would you do with it?
    This is supposed to be a question? *raises eyebrows* Well, for any one who knows me well they would know the scene would go some thing like this. 

    Me saying "Thank You!!"

    Me then thinking how soon and in what way I should devour the chocolate bar (i.e. by it's self, on a smore, etc.).

    Then me eating that delicious, delectable, scrumptious, lovely... oh, I'm sorry where was I? Oh, yes then me eating the chocolate bar in whatever way I had thought of and at my earliest convenience. 

    What literary or movie heroine(s) do you admire? Would you want to meet any of them in real life? Why or why not? What character traits do they possess that you like/dislike? 
    I admire Christy Huddleston and Elizabeth Bennet - for me they're very easy to relate to. I would love to meet Christy in real life. She is my favorite of the two and well... I just would want to meet her. I love a lot of their character traits... and I especially like to see how much they grow and improve (and ditch any immature traits in the process) in their stories.

    What color combinations do you like? Do you prefer bright, earthy, pastel, neon or dark color combinations best? Do you like different colors at different times of the year? How often have you changed your “favorite” color?
    I prefer earthy, pastel, some dark, and some bright color combinations best. I don't necessarily like different colors at different times of the year... it depends more on my mood. I haven't changed my favorite colors in a long time. I made add one once in a long while, though.

    Do you normally run, walk, or skip every other step when you’re going upstairs? or none of those options? How *do* you go upstairs? 
    Normally I run up stairs. We don't have an upstairs, though. But we do have a couple porches with 5 or 6 steps.

    Do you ever change the words of a song to fit a particular situation, either to be serious or silly? 
    Uh, no not really anymore. Well, except for the Gilligan's Island theme song. My younger brother does it a LOT though. He seems to have a knack for it. :)

    Which would you rather have on a hot day: a popsicle, an ice cream cone, or frozen fruit? 
    And ice cream cone from my favorite place to get ice cream - SnoGoose Produce!

    What is your preferred style of footwear in the summer? Place in order from favorite to least favorite. 
    Bare feet, Birkenstock sandals (LOVE them!), other sandals, tennis shoes.

    Which do you love most: the mountains, the prairie, the ocean/beach, the forest, rolling hills/farmland, or something other than the above? Why? 
    I love the beach the best, the mountains the second best, and rolling hills/farmland the third best. I never want to live in a place with out the ocean or the mountains within a day's drive.

    What makes you laugh? Do you laugh easily? Are you ticklish?
    Children's antics, a good joke... oh, just a lot of stuff really makes me laugh. Yes, I laugh easily. And yes I'm ticklish - particularly on the neck.

    Some of my favorite quotes:
    Pippin: What's that?
    Merry: This, my friend, is a pint.
    Pippin: It comes in pints?
    [In low voice]
    Pippin: I'm getting one.
    ~ from Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
    Cobb: "Well dreams, they feel real while we're in them, right? It's only when we wake up that we realize how things are actually strange. Let me ask you a question, you never really remember the beginning of a dream do you? You always wind up right in the middle of what's going on." 
    ~Inception
    George Bailey: Pop, you want a shock? I think you're a great guy.
    [to Annie, listening through the door]
    George Bailey: Oh, did you hear that, Annie?
    Annie: I heard it. About time one of you lunkheads said it.
    ~from It's a Wonderful Life
    Vizzini: Am I going MAD, or did the word "think" escape your lips? You were not hired for your brains, you hippopotamic land mass
    ~The Princess Bride
    Inigo Montoya: That Vizzini, he can *fuss*. 
    Fezzik: Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream at *us*. 
    Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no *harm*. 
    Fezzik: He's really very short on *charm*. 
    Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme. 
    Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time. 
    Vizzini: Enough of that. 
    Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead? 
    Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead. 
    Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it. 
    Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut? 
    Vizzini: DYEEAAHHHHHH. 
    ~The Princess Bride
    One personal motto:
    "You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."
    ~C. S. Lewis

    Favorite verses(NKJV, or NAS):
    John 3:16
    Gal 5:22-23 

    ...........................................................................................................................................





    Thank you so much Stephanie! I loved getting to know you a bit better - we're definitely kindred spirits :)

    1 comment:

    1. You're welcome, Jo! Besides it's so nice when someone tells you they really enjoy your blog or thinks you are a kindred spirit (which never fails to make me think of Anne of Green Gables). :)

      Love,
      Stephanie

      ReplyDelete