Sunday, September 18, 2011

{interview #6: samantha}

I can't believe it - our last interview of the summer! It's been wonderful getting to know each of you lovely ladies, and I hope my readers enjoyed it as well!


Our final interviewee is Samantha from the lovely Simple Delights.


Who's Samantha?
......................................................................................................................................

My name is Samantha. I've been homeschooled all the way through, and am now a high school senior! I live somewhat out in the country where I am surrounded by horses on one side, sheep on the other, and farm fields on three sides! My interests are many and varied. I love being a "stay-at-home" daughter and helping out around the house. Believe it or not, I actually like to clean and organize! Besides liking to keep an orderly house, I enjoy reading, watching movies, spending time with friends, playing the piano (I've been playing for 11 years), cooking and baking. My favorite things to bake are bread and muffins, but my specialty would have to be desserts, which I love to make. I also have my own online shop on Etsy.com called Emariecreations (http://www.etsy.com/shop/Emariecreations?ref=si_shop), where I sell handmade jewelry, charms, pushpins and more, all made from polymer clay. I am the shortest member of my family. My "little" brother is taller than me, and my mom, who was the shortest member of the family now has a rival. =) I don't really mind being short, except when it comes to finding clothes, which is really hard!
.......................................................................................................................................

The Interview:

If you have a free evening to do whatever you want,  what do you normally choose to do?
Most nights I will read, blog, or work on making jewelry for my online shop.
I also enjoy watching old TV shows like Andy Griffith, Sue Thomas: FB Eye (currently my favorite "newer" show!) and good movies, though I try to keep it to no more than once or twice a week. Our family also likes to read together, so we try to have at least one book going each week that we can read aloud at nighttime.


What is the most comfortable outfit that's currently part of your wardrobe and why?
Casual wise, it would be a pair of black knit pants I found at a consignment store for just a few dollars. I try to exercise for 30 minutes each morning, and these pants are just sooo comfortable for exercising! My favorite dressy outfit would be a black and white knit dress I also got a a consignment shop. It is so comfortable and fits me perfectly, which is a rare thing for me!
What literary or movie heroine(s) do you admire? Would you want to meet any of them in real life? Why or Why not? What character traits do they possess that you like/dislike?
One of my literary heroines would be Christy, from the book "Christy" by Catherine Marshall.
When she first heard about the poor people of Tennessee, she felt moved to go, even though she had  purely "romantic" thoughts about their way of life. When she got there she definitely had a rude awakening! But even though she faced so many hardships, she was determined to make a difference in the lives of the people, instead of running away from the poverty that she faced everyday. I admire her love for the people- even though they were so different than what she expected, she learned to love them and encourage them to pursue their hopes and dreams, even if those dreams seemed impossible.
A movie heroine that I admire is Eleanor Dashwood from "Sense and Sensibility". While I like Marianne's spunk and love for life, I definitely relate to Eleanor much more.  Eleanor was pretty much the pillar of her family once her father died,  and even though her circumstances were hard, she did her best to make do, even when those around her complained. She also was kind and loyal to her friend, even after her friend revealed that she was engaged to the man Eleanor loved. I admire that fact that even though Eleanor was hurting, she strived to put the past behind her and accept the future, even if it meant watching her friend marry that man that Eleanor had hoped to marry. And in the end everything turned out so beautifully for Eleanor, even though she was prepared to continue in the life that she had always known.
What color combinations do you like? Favorite color?
I love yellow and grey, turquoise and white and black and white.
I don't currently have a favorite color, and don't believe I ever have. I do have preferences, but I love so many colors that to say that one was my favorite wouldn't be true.
Which would you rather have on a hot day: a Popsicle, an ice cream cone, or a bowl of frozen fruit?
If I am on a "health kick" I would eat fruit. Otherwise I have a strong weakness for ice cream. =)
Which do you love most: The mountains,  the prairie, the ocean/beach, the forest, rolling hills farmland?
Can I love all of them?? I have only lived where there is flat farmland, so whenever I am somewhere where the land is rolling and hilly I am in love with it. I have never been to the ocean or beach, though I hope to visit someday. I'm sure I would love it.
What is your preferred style of footwear in the summer?
Sandals and flip flops, the tennis shoes- they are so hot in the summer that I only wear them if I absolutely have to. 
favorite quotes and verses:
Romans 8:38-39


Psalm 139


"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does" William James


"Judge each day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant"  Robert Louis Stevenson 
...........................................................................................................................................


Thank you so much, Samantha! It was great to meet you for the first time :) I love your Etsy shop - donuts make me happy :) 


xoxox


Jo

2 comments:

  1. This post was great, Jo! :) It was fun to hear an interview from my favorite give-away host! :)
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Sue Thomas: FB Eye! You're the only other person I know who's even heard of it. :)

    ReplyDelete