Thursday, September 1, 2011

september!!!

August is *finally* over! Is it just me, or does it seem to be the looooongest month in the whole year??? I'm always so ready to be done with August...

Now that it is September, I can start thinking about fall-ish things like: cowboy hats, cowboy boots, my birthday, pumpkins, Thanksgiving, pie, leaves changing colors, my birthday, piano starting up again, Christmas music (our station starts day after Thanksgiving), my birthday, etc.

To give y'all more of a peek into my life, and the things I love, I'm going to start putting different songs at the end of my posts - songs that I find particularly inspiring, or that have special meaning, or just ones I'm into at the moment. Right now, this is my life soundtrack:

"Concerning Hobbits" - The Fellowship of the Ring - Howard Shore


I have the piano version of this song - it actually sounds *real* and I'm going to learn the first and last sections on our whistle to add effect :)

7 comments:

  1. I love autumn! 'Tis my absolute favorite season in the whole year. My father thinks I'm silly because everything *is* dying in autumn, but I can't help but adore it. When I think of warm knit sweaters, cups of tea, crisp air, apples, pumpkin bread, Thanksgiving, crunchy leaves under your feet, the brilliant colors... ::sigh:: You and Bree are so lucky to have your birthdays in the fall. Although, I must admit that it's hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that summer is over and autumn is actually here. I'm thrilled about my favorite season's official "arrival," but I'm still in shock. Maybe I'm the only one. :P

    Love ya,
    Elizabeth Rose

    P.S. Beautiful song. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, August always seems to take forever; mainly because September is my birthday month! (It's TOMORROW!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, "Concerning Hobbits"... you have hit upon my weakness. I could listen to this song all day long. No joke. It makes me want to dance and cry at the same time. And yes, August seems to drag on forever. It really should be split into three months: end-of-summer, intermission, and beginning-of-school. I, too, am ridiculously glad that it's finally September. :D

    ~larkin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that piece of music you put at the end!
    Autumn/Fall is my favourite season too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I love summer but here in the UK the weather hasn't been all that great:( Anyway, there are still 22 more days of summer left, and soon after that, its my birthday too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth Rose - I definitely wouldn't trade my birthday season for anything! I. Love. Fall!!! I like your list of fall-ish things...I'd forgotten about tea and sweaters *eep!!*

    Trini - Happy Birthday! (or should I say, "Hipy Papy"? *grin*)

    larkin - I was trying to pinpoint the exact emotion that Concerning Hobbits excites in me...but all I could come up with was wistful....

    Kezia - Another fall birthday! *cheers!*

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sigh* I love fall. Sadly, we'll miss about a month of it this year (Sep 16-Oct 4: Tybee, Nov 4-20: Disney) but I'd much rather be in my two favorite place on earth. :D

    ReplyDelete