Thursday, September 29, 2011

life is good.

Today’s one of those gorgeous autumn days that you wish would never end.
I’m a creative person, and the side of God that appeals to me most is His craftsmanship, His creation, His love of beauty. I am so blessed that He ordained for me to born in this most beautiful of seasons…our God is good.
I’m sitting on my bed right now. Our room color scheme is pink and pale green and white. The windows are open, the fans are going, a light wind is breezing through my window across the room to the big windows. My iPod is playing Michael Crawford’s rendition of “You’ll Be In My heart”. Life and love. Right now, both are good. *wink*
Today at class, we had fun. We listened to music and talked about Mexico. I got to hang out in the study room again for a while. I ate a few cookies. My cousin and I left two rather cryptic comments on a friend’s wall. (*giggle*) I’m going to a tailgate and football game on Saturday. I bought a UVA shirt at Belk. October is in two days. My baby brother is almost five. Middle Earth is real. Life is good.
Just so you know, I haven’t been this lighthearted for a good while (which is why I haven’t been posting…).
Just a few days ago, I found out why.
I was holding onto something. Something that was taking *too* much of my thinking time. It’s not a bad thing in itself, but it was something I probably shouldn’t have been thinking too much about right then. Yes, I was praying that God would take it away, but I didn’t really want Him too. I’m sure you know what that’s like.
But then, on Tuesday night around 11:30 or so, I was writing in my journal, and instead writing my “normal” entry, I started writing a prayer, walking through the relationships I have with the four most important people in my life right now. There were things I wanted to say in that prayer, but I can honestly tell you that I know I did *not* write it all by myself. Things came out under my pencil that I had not intended, and I knew the Spirit was with me.
By the last sentence, I was in tears. Instead writing more, I realized where I’d been guided. It was time to give up what I’d been holding onto. Onto the paper came,
“And Lord, I give you ----. Help me. You know what I need.”
And that was all. Five minutes and a bucket of tears later, I felt complete peace. After that, my heart’s been free. The sun came out, both in my heart and outside.
Since Tuesday, that particular thing has come three times. I haven’t heard it mentioned since early in the summer, and then as soon as I gave it up, it came back into my life. Sort of. But now I feel completely different, and I know, and praise God, that I’ve been given that supernatural strength to handle it. YHWH is so good.
So I’m happy. I’m at peace. I feel like I could take on the world. Actually, come to think of it, give me Legolas’s bow and arrow I probably could.
Speaking of Legolas, I’ve been working on a few character profiles over the last ten days, and I’ll hopefully be getting a few of them up here in the next week or so. No promises, we have a lot going on. I also have a lovely little post one of my favorite love stories – a post sparked by a discussion I had recently with dear Rachel. *wink* And….don’t forget the October blog party! Lotsa stuff goin’ on ‘round here…that’s for sure.
And, before I go, I have to share these two songs with you. Michael Crawford’s voice is melting my heart inch by inch, and since I love y’all too, I have to pass it on:


"You'll Be In My Heart" from Disney's Tarzan
sung by Michael Crawford
Why can’t they understand the way we feel?
They just don’t trust what they can’t explain
I know we’re different, but deep inside,
We’re not that different at all.

'Cause you'll be in my heart
You'll be in my heart
From this day on, now and forevermore
You'll be in my heart,
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart always
Beautiful. *teardrops*


"Medley from the Lion King" from Disney's The Lion King
sung by Michael Crawford
From the day we arrive on the planet
And blinking, step into the sun
There’s more to be seen than can ever be seen
More to do than can ever be done


There's far too much to take in here

More to find than can ever be found

Sun rolling high through the sapphire sky

Keeps great and small on the endless ride....

Epic-ness.

xoxoxo.

Me!

5 comments:

  1. You won't believe how much you remind me of myself...

    (P. S. I got a UVA shirt from belk too! I'll have to see if you got the same one...:P)

    ~vivi~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goody! More character profiles! Did I tell you I'm re-reading (for about the tenth time) TLOTR?

    I'm glad you're back to your normal, lighthearted, goofy self, because I've missed you around here. :)

    ~Katy-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, were is the awesome thing you were gona tell us about on October 1st? Oh,and I've finally done my list of things I love beginning with the letter you gave me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this post and I totally started going "Lion King! Lion King! Lion King! Lion King! Lion King! Lion King! Lion King! Lion King! Lion King!" Yup. Maturity is my middle name. {<--and yes. that's a joke.} Anywho, pretty excited to hear about your big surprise. Even though it's the 5th...and you were going to tell us on the first. But that's ok. Because we {...or me...} still love you.

    www.randomnessfromtheaddiecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. {adelyn} - I love you too, because I think, "we may be different, but deep inside, we're not that different at all...." :) *mwah!*

    ReplyDelete