Thursday, November 17, 2011

another pity party

Saturday afternoon, sitting at the computer, minding my own little beeswax. Feel a flush literally creep up my face. Mama is standing by washing machine. "Mama, my face is hot." Checks it. Sure enough. Five minutes later, still there. "You have fever."

Five days, two missed church functions, endless nights of fever and coughing, endless days of exhaustion and sore stomach muscles (coughing *hurts*) later...

"Your temperature's 104." Calls doctor.

Today, missed first half of Spanish class to visit Doc. Listens to lungs for *maybe* two minutes.

"You've got pneumonia in your left lung."

Right. Awesome. Splendid. *Exactly* what I always wanted!

Prescription filled in town. At my request, Dad drops me off at CC to finish class.

Leia's class lets out ten minutes late.

Mama doesn't pick up till 3:10.

Medicine kicks in - with all the side effects listed on label. All.

Still sick, still miserable, with added pain and cramps...and on an empty stomach.

My life, friends. My life.

----
But I will survive! Yes! I will last this illness out. I will not die. (hopefully :P) I will not....give up. I will live with my misery until it is gone - hopefully by Monday at the latest. (Doc said end of the weekend...)

My humor has not died, but my stomach pains are excruciating. I do not feel very funny - although I am cracking myself up at the moment :)

Love you all, and don't worry about me. I'll pull through. *wink*

xoxoxo

*cough*

og

9 comments:

  1. Wow...that's a very tragic story. I love the way you worded it. :P If you have to have had such a rotten 6 days, at least you can make it a great story to tell all of us.

    Hope you feel better...praying!
    Love you, dear!

    ~Vivi~

    P. S. Now I can see you were right about your story-writing skills...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, JO! Pneumonia...I had bronchitis over a homeschool group campout...in November...UGH! I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jo, you poor thing. I'll be praying for you. I'm sure you'll get better soon. My dad had pneumonia when he was in the military - and the military hospital care wasn't the best. So I'm sure you are having better care than my dad did. :)

    Love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor thing!! Hope you get better soon!

    Pneumonia is awefull isn't it! I had it right in the middle of summer over Christmas and New Years, had a terrible time so I know just how you feel.

    Keep up the cheer! :)

    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear. Pray. That's all I have to give, a small prayer, and a sisterly kiss from afar. It's going to be okay, let God take care of it. Let Him be in control. I am a control freak, so this is hard, but trust me, dear, this will help. It's gonna be okay.

    A loving reader.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry, Jo! I will pray for a speedy recovery:)



    KEK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feel better soon!! I'm sorry you've been so sick, and I hope it clears away soon. Hopefully you'll be back to 100% this weekend (and we'll get to see you!!)

    Love,

    Mrs. FTR

    ReplyDelete