Thursday, November 24, 2011

thankfulness

"Let all things now living a song of thanksgiving
To God the Creator triumphantly raise
Who fashioned and made us
Protected and stayed us
Who guides us and leads to the end of our days
His banners are o'er us
His light goes before us
A pillar of fire shining forth in the night
Till shadows have vanished and darkness is banished
As forward we travel from light into light"

today, I am thankful for many things.

immediate and extended family
my family is amazing. i love how close we are, how we do so much together, how much we enjoy each others company. my parents love each other and love us. my siblings and i enjoy spending time together and doing projects and activities together. my dad's side of the family lives here in the same town and we see each other very often. my cousins are my friends. my aunts and uncles on both sides stay in touch. my grandparents love us and spoil us.


faith
what would my life be without Jesus Christ? nothing. absolutely nothing. of all things, i am most thankful for His sacrifice so that i can live in Heaven with Him forever. Jesus died for *me*. how awe-some is that? it's incredible. thank you, Lord.

church
our church is one of the biggest blessings in my life. we love to fellowship together, to learn together, play together, sing together, and just enjoy each other. we love Jesus, and we love each other. Christ is the focus of our gatherings. iron sharpens iron.

friends
i'm blessed with an incredible network of friends spanning continents, countries, states, cities and neighborhoods. i have friends in all walks of life, all ages and stages of life. i love my friends.

music
my life would be very dull without music. i am so thankful that God gave us this way of expressing ourselves. my life is a song - with ups and downs, crescendo and descrescendos, major and minor transitions, key changes, and lots of forte and fortissimo, piano and mezzopiano. oh, life is song!

random things
i'm thankful for food, red leaves, cold water, soft grass, beautiful animals, fluffy clouds, summer days, crisp nights, fuzzy socks, stripy sweaters, the color purple, movies (*yeah*), period costumes, and love.

i'm thankful for many, many things. and it feels good to be thankful.

¡feliz del dia de accion de gracias!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment