Friday, December 9, 2011

as long as there's christmas

I just discovered this song - and it's becoming one of my favorites this season. It's from Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas - but the version I'm in love with is sung by Michael Ball (*almost* my favorite Broadway performer ever) and Elaine Paige.


"As Long As There's Christmas" 
sung by Michael Ball and Elaine Paige

There is more to this time of year
Than sleighbells and hollies
Mistletoe and snow
Those things will come and go


Don't look inside a stocking
Don't look under the tree
The one thing we're looking for
Is something we can't see
Far more precious than silver
And more splendid than gold
Is something to treasure
But is something we can't hold

As long as there's Christmas
I truly believe
That hope is the greatest of the gifts
We'll receive (we'll receive)

As we all pray together
It's the time to rejoice
And though we may look different
We'll all sing with one voice

As long as there's Christmas
I truly believe
That hope is the greatest of the gifts
We'll receive
As long as there's Christmas
We'll all be just fine
The star shines above us
Lighting your way and mine



As long as there's Christmas
I truly believe
That hope is the greatest of the gifts
We'll receive
As long as our guiding star
Shines above
it'll always be Christmas
There'll always be a time
When the world is filled with peace and love

just a note: this video is the only one I could find on either YT or Grooveshark that was the version I wanted of this song...and the video is actually a Harry Potter video montage of sorts with the song as background. Just so you don't click on it and go, "what?!?" :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I also wanted to let you know I've awarded you on my blog! :)

    Blessings,
    Hayden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrrr. I can't listen to it because it's blocked in Germany. It will be so nice when we move to not have that problem.

    I love this song, too. We've had Beauty and the Beast Enchanted Christmas for years and years, and As Long As There's Christmas always makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. . . . .you know I'm going to be listening to that on repeat now, don't you? :D

    love,
    ~Bree

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen the movie several times but forgot about this song... Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete