Saturday, December 10, 2011

ten years ago today

the first installment of the most epic film trilogy of our time premiered in the UK. it was the released in the US on the 19th, and in New Zealand on the 20th. 
to date, it has earned $870,761,744 making it the 25th top grossing movie of all time.
and more than the money, the fellowship of the ring brought the first part of Tolkien's inspiring trilogy alive for millions of people around the world, and was a breakthrough in the history of film making and special effects. 
hurrah for 10 years of Middle Earth!

8 comments:

  1. amen. i was so just watching that today.
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not going to believe this, Jo, but I've . . . *gasp* . . . never seen any of the Lord of the Rings films. I know, I know. :P I love what I've read of the books so far, though, so I hope to see the movies soon. They look really good.

    Love ya,
    Elizabeth Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love LOTR!!! Hey Jo March, I was wondering if you please check out http://photographersforhim.blogspot.com/
    and maybe follow us!
    Thanks,
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hurrah for LOTR!!!!




    kek

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete