Friday, December 23, 2011

then one...froggy christmas eve?

I'm a singer. Always have been, and hopefully always will be. We have hours and hours taped of singing and dancing shows I put on, as well as private jam sessions in the kitchen or bedroom. When I was two, I had a large repertoire of songs and "acts" that Dad had taught me that I could perform at the drop of the hat.

One of those songs was "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer" - a song and movie I have loved since toddler-hood. (even the snow monster scared me every year :D)

As the story goes, when I was two or three (we were still living in our first house), I was heard to be singing Rudolph as follows:

"Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it, you would even say it glows
All of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Rudolph join in any reindeer games
Then one froggy Christmas Eve, Santa came to say
'Rudolph with your nose so bright, won't you guide my sleigh tonight?'
Then how the reindeer loved him, as they shouted out with glee
'Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer, you'll go down in history!"
I do actually remember arguing with Dad about the correct word - foggy or froggy - and "winning" the argument. (most likely due to Dad's 30-year-old maturity in not stooping to fight with a two-year-old)

Ah.....Christmas memories......

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Jo . . . thanks for putting a smile in my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...you were such a cutie! I love old pictures and nostalgic holiday memories :)

    You know the song that goes "We built this city on rock-n-roll"? (it's an 80's song so you may not have...) Well, Pa says he used to think it said "We built this city on milk and cereal" and it wasn't until he was in high school that he heard it and and was like, "Oh, yeah. That's what their saying!" Hehe...

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!! When I was younger I heard a song on a Rocky movie (which we got rid of years ago), and my siblings still make fun of me for singing "I am a tiger..!" Ah, fun times... =)

    His Princess,
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete