Tuesday, January 24, 2012

#thatawkwardmoment

All of us kids love Jostie Flicks. We've seen them all (some *many* times) and of course were thrilled when the most recent season started up this month.

[^^watch the above JF for context^^] We went to Target yesterday. As Leia and I passed the baby aisle, I poked her and said, "Wonder if there's a 'Try Me' button anywheres?" There wasn't. :/ And I kinda forgot about it.
[not my picture]

...Until twenty minutes later as we let the boys visit the Lego aisle on the way out. Across the way from them were the school supplies, and at the end of one of those rows was one of those music sample speakers. Out of curiosity, I pushed Zuzu over to take a look. That's when I saw it:
And I thought, "WOW! It's 'Rhinestone Cowboy'!!! I haven't heard that song in a while. Awesome." And without thinking, I hit the picture of the cover.

If you want to hear what the ENTIRE store heard blaring across the speakers the very next second, skip the song to 1:09, and turn up the volume. All the way up.

As soon as I realized what had happened, I just kept nonchalantly walking down the aisle, and when my surprised and highly amused Mama looked out from the Lego aisle, all she saw was some random old man walking by, and she had no idea it was her own daughter who'd triggered it....

All the way in the bedding section, Leia heard the song and *immediately* knew who had triggered it. *sigh* Is nothing a surprise to them anymore?

The boys thought it was awesome, and came dashing over.

*deep sigh* But really, I was kinda proud of myself. :) It takes nerve and courage to tell the whole store something! And that song sounds great on a loudspeaker. Just glad I didn't know all that *before* I hit the button.

Well, maybe I learned a lesson.

But probably not. :) I'd do again in heartbeat.

xoxoxo

crazy old me.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, goodness! Way to add some interest to a normal trip to Target. (BTW: I can't wait to go to Target again!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, that sounds like something we'd do. :P But I didn't know those things actually played on the loudspeaker...

    ReplyDelete
  3. {katy} - how do you LIVE without Target!??! Haha. Actually, we rarely go. Funny.

    {vivi} - They don't. :) It just sounded like it.

    {anna} - Oh fun! I want to meet them sometime. We actually have a lot of the same friends and move in the same circles (just never at the same time :P) because both of our families are in film.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha!! That's so funny...walking nonchalantly away. Sounds like something I would do!

    His Princess,
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, my youger brother enjoys finding the "try me" stuffed animals that dance and sing and then he sets them all off at the same time.....hehe:)



    kek

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW, I tagged you on my blog: straighttalktogirls.blogspot.com

    His Princess,
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  7. I awarded you on my blog!

    And...I love Target...a lot...haha!

    ReplyDelete