Tuesday, February 14, 2012

eighteenth.

Happy Valentine's Day!
Valentine's Day Wreath
[via pintrest]
I've always enjoyed Valentine's Day. I don't know why, but I also don't why anyone *wouldn't* like it. Honestly, LOVE is a word that encompasses so much, and RELATIONSHIP can mean anything from you and sister to you and your spouse or you and your friend. Even you and your pet. Anyway. :)

"A Whole New World" aladdin and jasmine


Mama and Daddy have always given us chocolate on Valentine's Day, and we always make and send valentines to grandparents and sometimes friends as well. Any excuse to make a craft, right? :D
Russell Stover dark chocolate Roman Nougat
[via pintrest]

"Lida Rose/Will I Ever Tell You?" the music man [1962]

And while yes, I am a *very* romantic person with lots of dreams, and I am looking forward to the day when I'll celebrate Valentine's Day with a particular type of special person.......I am happy as a cricket joyfully resting in the love of my family, friends, and most of all, Jesus Christ.
Purity Ring
[via pintrest]

Yes, this is my eighteenth Valentine's Day...still untouched, unkissed, undated. (gosh, that last one makes me sound like some type of carbon-dated rock :P) Not that I'm counting :D But seriously. I'm so thankful that God convicted both my parents and myself about how important purity really is. Sometimes it feels like a restraint, other times I feel incredible freedom just knowing where my boundaries are. And the respect others have for me is something I would never trade for anything. You'd be surprised how honored a girl who's keeping herself pure actually gets from others. Priceless, if you ask me.

But that doesn't keep me from listening to sappy [or not so sappy] love songs and enjoying good romantic period dramas, chick flicks, or musicals. I mean, even *guys* like those sometimes. hehe.

Anyway.

Anne of Green Gables
[via pintrest]


"All I Ask of You" phantom of the opera


So, to get myself in the romantic mood, I spent Sunday reading the last three Little House books, plus Anne of the Island. Just because. I didn't even get into bed until nearly midnight.

Last night we had another group class [which was terrible piano-wise, but amazing in every other aspect.] and then hung out at friends' house for several hours and didn't get home till almost midnight again. And tonight we're going to Bible study, and I'll probably do something fun with myself afterwards in honor of the day - because I'm cool like that.
Mickey & Judy   --   Andrew  'Andy'  Hardy and Betsy Booth in "The Andy Hardy" series of the 40's
[via pintrest]

I hope you all are having a splendidly lovely day, full of love and joy! And never forget that there is Someone Who will always love you - no matter who else does or doesn't.

Happy Valentine's Day again from me to you!

♥xoxoxo♥xoxoxo♥xoxoxo♥xoxoxo♥xoxoxo♥

O.G.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Jo. ;)
    Happy Valentine's Day!!

    Love you!
    ~Vivi~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day, Jo!!

    Lots of love from Boston,

    Mrs. FTR

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was positively beautiful...it even put me in the Valentine's Day spirit! :) Happy Valentine's Day!
    ~Lauren :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable post, m'dear! Happy Valentine's Day!

    Love you,
    Elizabeth Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Anne quote. I love all her quotes!! Lucy Maud Montgomery is so close to my heart.

    And I love the song All I Ask of You. Phantom FTW. =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Valentines Day (a little late...), Jo! This is a really sweet post, I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Valentines Day, Jo!

    -Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that ring is the one I wanted to get myself for a purity ring! I ended up getting a different, though similar, one instead (since they didn't have my size). =)

    ReplyDelete