Friday, February 3, 2012

happily ever after

danielle                                                henry


"Forgive me, Your Highness, I did not see you."



"Am I to understand that you find me...arrogant?"
"Well, you gave one man back his life but did you even glance at the others?"


"I was not shrill, I was resonant. A courtier knows the difference."
"I very much doubt your style of resonance would be permitted in the royal court."


"You like him! Admit it!"
"Nope!"
"And I-I-I suppose, if you saw him again, you'd simply..."
"I would walk right up to him and say, 'Your Highness, my family is your family. Please, take them away!'"
"Good! Because here's your big chance, he's headed this way."


"M'lady, you may have anything you can carry."
"May I have your word on that, sir?"
"On my honor as a gypsy, whatever you can carry!"


"Then let's say God puts two people on Earth and they are lucky enough to find one another. But.....one of them gets hit by lightning. Well, then what? Is that it? Or, perchance, you meet someone new and marry all over again. Is *that* the lady you're supposed to be with or was it the first? And if so, when the two of them were walking side by side were they *both* the one for you and you just happened to meet the first one first, or was the second one supposed to be first? And is everything just chance or are somethings meant to be?"


"What Marguerite does is for all of us."


"I feel as if my skin is the only thing keeping me from going everywhere at once."


"Then I shall have to make you wings!"


"I know that a life without love is no life at all."
"And love without trust? What of that?"

"Madame, I know *exactly* how you feel."

"I was hoping you could help me find the owner of this rather remarkable shoe."
"It belongs to a peasant, Your Highness, who only pretended to be a courtier to save a man's life."
"I know. And the name's Henry, if you don't mind."

"I will speak for her. She is, after all, my stepmother."
"Your Highness."
....
"All I ask, Your Majesties, is that you show her the same courtesy that she has bestowed upon me."

"Leonardo, it's wonderful!"

"*You*, sir, are supposed to be charming."
"And *we*, Princess, are supposed to live happily ever after."
"Says who?"
"You know, I don't know."

[note: official review coming soon]

16 comments:

  1. Ooo, I love this movie! It has been one of my favs for years, I have watched it so many times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i. love this movie. great post! :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really want to see this one! Is it pretty clean?
    ~Chare
    charebear1010.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1 rude word said by lenardo da-vinci!
      best moive ever

      Delete
  4. LOVE this movie!!
    It's just so awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my all time favorite movie!Has been since I first saw it when I was 8, ten years later its still my fav movie ever!!!!Plus, quotes from it can be used in general conversation quite well. :]

    ~Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. This movie is beautiful and multi-dimensional and sweet. I love all the various settings. Plus, we first watched it just after my youngest sister, Danielle, was born, so the family thought it was perfect.
    I love,"Nothing is final until your dead; even then, I'm sure God negotiates." Poor thing! I think she was disappointed.
    And the "Anything you can carry," really happened to a town once, where all the women carried their men back home.

    The Ordinary Princess, ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this movie!!!!!!!!!!!
    I will join your campain to watch it tonight :)
    (we should have watched it last night :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Jo! Love your choice of quotes. :) I have finished N&S and have started watching this while I fold laundry. I might have to give in to my lazy half and just watch it all at once with no excuse whatsoever. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. Did you know Drew Barrymore is horrible Mr. Potter's granddaughter? (from It's a Wonderful Life)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my favorite movie. I just so happen to watch it every valentines day by myself after Lisa goes to bed. She does not like the movie or how much I cry during it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of my favorites and you do a really great job synopsyzing it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reading this has reminded me how much I loved this movie! Its been way to long since I last watched it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have had this movie for years but have never gotten around to watching it. (I think Mom saw it when it came out, though) Downton Abbey is our current obsession leaving no room for watching anything else :D Well, maybe while we're waiting for season three to be released :P

    Love you,

    ReplyDelete