Sunday, February 5, 2012

sunday happies.

{1} an early daffodil from our pastor as sort of a peace offering for throwing off my rhythm last night when he commented on Friday's post

{2} signing into Blackboard this afternoon to see the following result for my first Spanish test of the semester: 


{3} enjoying being a loner when it comes to the Superbowl since I'm defying my family, Julia, Jacob, Brianna, and most people in my circle of friends by announcing that I want the Patriots to win. I say it's because of my love for my Yankee cousins...but maybe it's just to be obnoxious :P I could honestly care less. :) EDIT (6:50pm): Halfway into the first quarter...can't seem to get into the Patriot spirit. So I'm now rooting for the Giants. Oh, yes. Fickle little me. Told you I could care less :P
File:New England Patriots logo.svg

{4} Officially crazy about Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. That is one hilarious, smart, colorful, overall fantastic show. This song has me hooked [singing starts at :30]:
the video is from the 1999 movie version with the wonderful Donny Osmond as Joseph.
"If my life were important I would ask will I live or die?
But I know the answers lie far from this world
Close Every Door to me
Keep those I love from me
Children of Israel are never alone
For I know I shall find
My own peace of mind
For I have been promised a land of my own."


{5} supper with friends last night, celebrating Baby T.'s first birthday.

{6} two countries that have captured my imagination with plans for the summer/fall/winter.
 File:People's Republic of China (orthographic projection).svgFile:Nicaragua (orthographic projection).svg

{7} excited that my friend's college audition went well!!! definitely some sighs of relief from the aforementioned friend and our piano teacher *grin*

{8} oh so happy that my dear little iPod has recovered from it's little adventure. I'm so proud. :)
(he went for a little dip in the wash...and while his power button does not work - which has proved to be most inconvienent since it also is the sleep button so once the screen goes dark after thirty seconds or so there's no way to get it back on again without plugging into the computer - he has fully recovered.)


{9} Watching Ever After three times in one week.

{10} Being blessed by our wonderful, godly, Bible-believing and teaching church today, and absolutely THRILLED to see the group of older people who I love and revere so deeply and who I missed dreadfully when we left our other church, now coming to our church. YEAH!!!!!!

I'm happy today! :D


3 comments:

  1. I don't really care about football too much, but I did end up choosing to cheer for the Giants. :D My mom said the Patriots would win. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, I don't care about football that much. However, I did get up at 2:20 am to watch the second half with the guys. I went from thinking "why on earth am I not in bed?" to really rooting for the Giants, especially after that riot of a touchdown. :P I would have felt so bad for that guy if his team had lost the Superbowl because he made a touchdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know where I stand on the Super Bowl issue (talked a little about that on the vlog I did last night). And yes you are majorly fickle but I guess that's part of who you are and why we love you :)

    Sam's iPod (at least I think it was his) went through the wash and actually still works. I had a pair of ear buds that went through and are still fine too. Funny how resistant electronics are.

    Congrats on the scores! We aren't allowed to get anything below 90 in our house so I do know what a challenge it is to keep good scores up :)


    And Joseph is just a plain fun show. Gotta love it.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete