Tuesday, March 20, 2012

ten weeks.

That's all I have left. Left of "childhood". Left of the life I'm used to. Left of highschool.

It's crazy. I've been dreaming of this day since about third grade - when school really started becoming a challenge. :) I'd joke and plan with my friends about what we'd do "when we were done with school", not realizing that time was running through our fingers and now the end is staring me in the face.

I do realize that I still have 10 weeks - ten weeks that I cannot slack on, if I really truly want to be done. I have to keep my focus. But that time too is going to run out SO FAST. May 25th will be here before I know it...and I'm going to have such a great time that Friday night that you won't even know it's me. (*hehe*) But that's then. In ten weeks.

Oh, and yes, this summer is going to be great, lots of traveling and growing up experiences, lots of fun, and I'm sure it'll have its share of ups and downs. And then there's that wonderful "break year" I'm looking forward to. Lots of neat happenings on the horizon.

But right here, right now (yes, that's a quote) it's school and time that I'm looking at, trying not to think about the changes that are coming....and feeling VERY nostalgic. Do you know what happens when people graduate highschool? I mean, in general? Yes? Okay, then. You know what I'm getting at.
via pinterest
That said, it's time go. I'm putting pressure on myself to finish, trying to keep the fun stuff at a minimum - which is why this blog has been so neglected lately. But in about three weeks, my schedule is going to free up A LOT (several subjects finishing) so I'll be back in the loop. Thanks for sticking by....it means a lot when I get comments, 'cause that tells me that you haven't given up yet :D

xoxoxo

O.G.

9 comments:

  1. That must be so weird to think about...finishing high school...
    But have fun in your last 10 weeks as a 12th-grader! And hope we can get together in all that free time you'll have when you're done. :D

    ~Vivi~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You're SO close. According to Mom's plans, I should be graduating at the end of Summer 2012. And then, if all goes according to her plans, I'll be a full time college student. That means no break at all for me. Consider yourself blessed to be able to take so much time off. I'm sure it'll be a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished high school last year, and honestly, besides working all the time (I'm not currently attending college), not much has changed at all. Of course, a few friends have gone off to school states away, but beyond that? Not much has changed...I'm still just me ;)The weird child/adult hybrid that I am :D
    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jo, you only have ten weeks left of high school? Inconceivable! :D In all honesty, though, it seems like such a short period of time. As for myself, I end this year with the promise of three more such years on the horizon. :P Not that I'm unhappy about that — I enjoy that with which I am familiar. At the same time, though, to quote Belle in Beauty and the Beast, "I want an adventure in the great wide somewhere." The idea of something new, something unfamiliar and different, has a certain charm to it.

    It's an interesting feeling, I'm sure — sentimental at the thought of leaving familiar childhood, and yet eagerness at stepping forward into a new stage of life. I'll be praying for you that the Lord gives you the wisdom and guidance as you continue to grow and mature in Him. :)

    Love you,
    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO COOL!! :D It's a good thing, that people don't have a choice whether they grow up or not... otherwise we might never decide to grow up. It's much better that it just happens. :) Plus, it's not too bad so far, being an adult. ;D

    Love,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and when your time does get a little free, you might want to take the snow falling off your blog... since it's spring now... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good (not-so-)Old Jo,

    Please don't decide that graduating means you have to grow up, or that not being graduated makes you a child. I don't think schooling has much to do with it.
    You know I am currently working on graduating, but I am also thinking a lot about not growing up - and I don't mean like Peter Pan and his fellows. I'm thinking of the once-in-a-while adults you meet as a kid and just think, "Wow. That guy/gal is fun," the sort of people that get older, a schooling, and/or married without losing life's charm. Most adults have their young moments, and many end up young in their old age, but how to maintain it all the way?

    Hoping I have a choice,

    The Ordinary Princess

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to come give you a great big hug. Get one of your siblings to do that for me.

    I think I know how you feel. I'm just beginning to realize that finishing school next year doesn't just mean no more homeschool. It means the end of life as I've always known it. And that's a thrilling/scary thought.

    I spend part of my time looking forward to spending less time studying and more time to *live*. And I spend the other part going oh. my. gosh. I don't want this to end. I love my family, my home, my life, right now. I'm torn between "When will my life begin?" and "I don't want to grow up."

    I guess it's a good thing we don't have to choose whether to grow up or not. I'll stop before this becomes an entire blog post. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish high school would slow down too. It's just that I have 3 years left, since I re-did 8th grade, not because I failed it, but because I went to an 8th grade co-op when I was in 9th grade, so mom says now, the year after that co-op, I'm still in 9th. :P I wish you luck Jo.

    - Guess who :P

    ReplyDelete