Thursday, June 13, 2013

colorado bound - yes, this is a goodbye post of sorts.

By the time most of you read this, I will be off in the wild blue yonder - on my way to my new summer home. Yes, the time has come. It's hard to believe that the seed planted while in Nicaragua last year is about to bear fruit. Twelve months ago, I was reading my second Leslie Ludy book, and last August I started reading up about Ellerslie. It was just an idea then - it's a little crazy how much can happen in a year.

I'm thankful that the LORD has brought me to this point - I don't deserve the grace I've been shown. This year has been wonderful in so many ways, but a challenge in many others. I've been tried and stretched and refined, but also blessed beyond measure and mercifully built up and encouraged. This is a unique next step, and I'm excited about what it holds for me.

But it's also hard to leave. I said goodbye to my extended family in two groups. I said goodbye to my cousin who's deploying in July (my family will see him again before then, I won't). I said goodbye to my aunt who is bravely and cheerfully fighting a disease that has already taken so much from her. I said goodbye to my church family and my theatre family on the same day.

And last night I had a wet and emotional farewell with my friends and coaches and "little siblings" on our swim team. While I was holding on tightly to a friend, willing myself not to sob, the thought ran through my brain: "I should be thankful." "Thankful? For WHAT?" "Thankful that you have built so many meaningful relationships here that it's hurting your heart to leave them even for the summer." And that's true, and in a weird kind of way, very encouraging.

We celebrated Father's Day today, since Mama and I will be gone on Sunday. (Mama comes home Monday) And my family also encouraged me with special Scripture verses, and laid hands on me and blessed me. I talked to another dear friend on the phone, and she prayed with me and blessed me also. Caroline, Michael, Luke, Josh and Susannah did a show for me after supper as a goodbye gift. A lovely last night together as a family for a long time.

My four youngest siblings are in bed right now. I just said goodbye to them. No tears, nothing particularly sad. Just hugs all around, and promises of Skype calls and presents when I come back. I told the boys to email me how they do in their swim meets and at Champs. Susannah speculated about whether she'd be taller or not when I came back, since she will have had a birthday.

So it's not even 2130 and I'm about to hit the sack. Say my last goodbyes to my three very special roommates, and get ready for my 0330 wake up time. "There's no rest for the wicked, and the righteous don't need none."

I love you, my dear and faithful blog readers. Thanks for sticking with me the past year. I will have internet at Ellerslie - not a whole lot, but enough to keep y'all updated, unlike Nica - so watch for posts. Catherine is also going to try her hand at some guest blogging, and I know for a fact from experience that she's quite entertaining. *winky face*

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” - Numbers 6:24-26
xoxo

Liza.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment