Monday, November 11, 2013

i'll be consumed

Not what I am, O Lord, but what Thou art;
That alone can be my soul’s true rest;
Thy love, not mine, bids fear and doubt depart,
And stills the ache in my chest for Thee.

’Tis what I know of Thee, my Lord and God,
That fills my soul with peace, my lips with song;
Thou art my health, my joy, my staff, my rod;
I lean on Thee, in weakness I am strong.

Thy Name is Love! I glimpse it in the Cross;
Thy Name is Love! for there's an empty tomb.
All other loves I gladly count as loss,
And with this hope, I'll be consumed

More of Thyself, Oh, show me, hour by hour;
More of Thy glory, O my God and Lord;
More of Thyself in all Thy grace and power;
More of Thy love and truth, Incarnate Word.

Thy Name is Love! I glimpse it in the Cross;
Thy Name is Love! for there's an empty tomb.
All other loves I gladly count as loss,
And with this hope, I'll be consumed


original hymn: Horatius Bonar {1861}
this arrangment: Ben Zornes {2012}
picture from pinterest

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment