Wednesday, November 27, 2013

this one's for Aaron

Along the lines of last week's post about the Henry Owls, I have someone else to introduce to you - my little buddy Aaron.

Aaron is the younger brother of one of my theatre friends, and I'm going to state, for the record, that Aaron Vanya Nalle is one of the bravest people I know. This young man has gone through so much in his short life that it's hard to wrap my mind around - but even through his first years of life in a baby house overseas, his many surgeries for arthrogryposis, physical therapy and other challenges, God has had His all-powerful hand on Aaron's life, and has carried him on eagles' wings. I love this little guy, I love his story, and I'm excited to share this exciting news with y'all today!

In a nutshell, Aaron is an incredible artist and drew this tanker truck (<<<-----) for a contest. It won, and so for the next ten days, Aaron's truck is being featured on Paper Clouds Apparel on a variety of products, such as t-shirts, hats, and tote bags.

50% of all the profit from these products (just for the next 10 days) are being donated to Reece's Rainbow, a precious adoption organization that is a voice for the special needs children overseas who need forever families. If you don't know much about the Rainbow, I suggest you head over and read more - and while you're at it, check out the Angel Tree, another love of mine.

Especially with Thanksgiving approaching, this is a perfect time to meditating on the many, MANY ways the Lord has blessed us - and also how we can be turning around and passing those blessings onto others. The fatherless and orphan are very precious to our Lord, and as His hands and feet, any sacrifice we can make, whether it be time or money, health or comfort- is a step of obedience and shows our love not only for Christ, but for His children.

Be blessed today!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment