Friday, June 13, 2014

when you don't really know what to say.


It's been a sweet, final full day here. Carter led Carrie, Harmony, Emma and I on an "expotitian" (to quote our beloved Pooh Bear) in the deep dark woods this morning, and then we had a picnic outside in the sunshine. Tonight's the last night of Backyard Bible School (Travis, Carrie, Tiffany, Joel and I have been working as group leaders there all week), and tomorrow I'll be preparing to leave in the evening. Two weeks has gone by fast!

But today I also got one of those phone calls. The ones you know are going to be hard before you even pick up the phone. This time, it was a call (which I missed) and voicemail, and I had to call back....which I did, with my heart in the pit of my stomach, with no idea what to expect.

What do you say? What do you say when you lose a friend?

What do you say when you lose a member of your close-knit-its-like-family theatre troupe?

What do you say?

I don't know yet. But I do know Who is still on the Throne. I know what to do, I know where to turn. Even through my tears, my aching heart, my little world that feels like a snow globe that's just been turned over, I know my feet still stand on Rock. I know Jesus is here. He was there last night when the troupe gathered to pray instead of rehearse. He's there in the hospital with the grieving fiancé (recovering from her injuries from the accident) and her family (also part of our troupe). He's with us, and He's not going anywhere.

I don't really understand any of this. I can't even grasp it, since I'm not home yet. This is just the beginning of the hard part.

But I do know that Truth stays the same. And I'm clinging to this verse:

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:37-39

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment