Saturday, May 23, 2015

now it springs forth

"But now thus says the Lord, He who created you, O Jacob, He who formed you, O Israel: 

Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you...fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you. I will say to the north, Give up, and to the south, Do not withhold; bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth,  everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.”


“Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I am doing a new thing
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
The wild beasts will honor me, the jackals and the ostriches,
for I give water in the wilderness, rivers in the desert,
to give drink to my chosen people, the people whom I formed for myself that they might declare my praise." - Isaiah 43


These verses were given to me within a twenty-four hour period by two people who are incredibly special to me and influential in my life - and then this chapter kept popping up in random places throughout the past ten days. I figured Jesus was trying to teach me something, so I stopped to listen. And I heard,

"I am doing a new thing. Do you see it?"

(turns out, that's actually exactly what the scripture says)

A new thing.

Being done by....me, Liza?

Nope.

Being done by....other people around me?

Nope.

Being done by.....

Jesus.

God the Father.

And if He's doing it, if He's the one Who's Lord of my life, my story, my heart....then I should trust Him at work, and simply walk in it. Let go, walk in faith, walk in the Spirit, and trust Him to reveal my steps, give me wisdom, and show me how to live with honor, how to pour myself every day, how to love the people I love (and the ones I'm called to love), and stand in confidence.

Each season He's brought me through has been beautiful. Each transition has brought it's own difficulties, but I'm learning to see them as opportunities for Jesus to get more glory. Life with Jesus is all about opening doors, walking forward, climbing hills and mountains, jumping over ditches, new adventures, and never assuming we've reached the peak of knowing His power and His love. His mission on earth was and is restoring all things to Himself - and He is worth every closed door, every hard transition - because we don't consider the suffering of today to compare to the glory that is to come.

I've realized all over again in the past week that I'm called to live an impossible life. There's too many moving parts, seemingly conflicting pulls and tugs, and too much to think about to do anything well. But I have all I need for life and godliness, and I have the power, Spirit, LIFE of Jesus living inside of me...and if He's doing the work, then nothing is impossible. How crazy is that?! Nothing is impossible with God. And He is Emmanuel, "God. With. US." And I have no words. Overwhelmed by love ~ "I have called you by name, you are Mine" ~ and renewed with a vision for what He's about, what He's doing in my life, in the lives of those I love, in His Bride - the church - and the world.

There is beauty in knowing the depths of love of your Father for you, His precious one. There is power in knowing He lives, dwells, abides inside of you. And there is freedom in knowing that He is active, and at work, in control, always.

Behold.


He is doing a new thing.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment