Friday, September 4, 2015

{ wanderlust : in which i go to yankee-italian territory }

And yes, about a week after I came home, I went on another trip.


This time driving. Driving through my beautiful, beautiful state up, over the Potomac River, to see my favorite Italians. It was a beautiful drive, and wonderfully restful visit. Complete with all kinds of busy-ness, but still lovely.

We talked. And I observed as Brianna packed the littles for vacation to Orlando and Tybee.


And I kept Kaitlin company as she worked on a project for Ellie, and sang her songs on guitar and piano and fell asleep on the basement couch (which is the best couch in the whole world, just so you know)

And one day we took Emma to her FBI (Faith Bible Institute) class and I got to sit in and it was wonderfully encouraging. Praise Jesus for truth that never changes!


And then we got Starbucks, dropped Emma at her violin lesson, and ran errands. Then we picked her up and got stuck in traffic - so we took a detour and listened to music and talked.


And then we swam in the pool a lot. And talked more. And ate food.


And played Bananagrams.


Nana and I are not very much alike, but I appreciate her so much. Honestly, we're actually in very similar seasons of life, and it was so crazy encouraging to talk about Jesus and servanthood and LIFE and press each other onto greater, higher things.


And then we turned right around and started talking about planning my wedding ('cause even though we're grown up, we're not *too* grown up...) - she's the kind of friend who's already volunteered to be my wedding planner, and we spent time talking about colors and ideas, and we *actually* have a private Pinterest board with ideas we're collecting. Don't worry world, I'm not getting married any time soon....but doesn't hurt to be prepared, right? *winky face that you can't see*


So thankful for this family of eleven, and the testimony they are of the faithfulness and love of God. It's been such a privilege to walk life next to them for the past six years, and watch the Lord grow and shape and build them up and use them to bless others.


And Jesus blessed me with a beautiful and peaceful drive home again, 'cause He's good like that. Different route than the way up, just so I could see my lovely state from a different angle. And I got to smile and love on a the girl who was out taking a break from her shift at Panera - which was pretty much the best thing ever.

And so ended my little jaunt up north. A lovely refresh, reset, refocus time, and then two-feet-first jumping in back home. Life is never dull, and with Jesus, it's just one adventure after another.

"But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God." - Galatians 4

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment